Adults can have a variety of skin conditions that require treatment. Medical Dermatology Specialists treats everything from acne and bacterial skin infections to rare and complicated conditions like bullous pemphigoid and psoriatic arthritis.
Sometimes skin diseases develop quickly and can lead to detrimental affects for people. As a board-certified dermatologist with additional training in acute dermatologic conditions, Drs. Ackerman, Kessler, Li and Rosenbaum have the skills needed to treat difficult skin diseases. They conduct rounds at two local hospitals for patients that are unable to visit the office.
We strive to understand how a particular skin condition affects each adult dermatology patient as an individual. This helps us assess the situation, provide the appropriate treatment and ideally help patients reach better quality of life after working with us.
Medical Dermatology Specialists treat the following adult dermatology conditions:
- Arthropod diseases
- Autoimmune connective tissue disorders (lupus, dermatomyositis and scleroderma)
- Bacterial infections/diseases (impetigo, cellulitis, furuncles)
- Blistering diseases
- Cutaneous lymphoma (cutaneous B and T-cell lymphoma)
- Drug eruptions
- Fungal infections/diseases (nails, scalp, feet, body)
- Immunobullous disorders (bullous pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris, pemphigus foliaceous)
- Infections – scabies, lice
- Insect Bites
- Patch Testing for Skin Allergies
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Physical and environmental dermatoses
- Pregnancy-related dermatoses
- Skin cancer
- Travelers’ dermatoses
- Tumors and malignancies
- Vascular diseases
- Viral infections/diseases
- Warts, Corns, Calluses
- UVB Phototherapy
If you have a skin condition that is not listed here, we may be able to help. Please give us a call or contact us set up an appointment for evaluation.