The physicians at Medical Dermatology Specialists have multiple publications and participate in a variety of research.
- Dr. Ackerman: Publications
- Dr. Ackerman: Research
- Dr. Kessler: Publications
- Dr. Kessler: Research
- Dr. Li: Publications
- Dr. Rosenbaum: Publications
- Dr. Rosenbaum: Research
Publications: Dr. Lindsay Ackerman
Dr. Lindsay Ackerman has participated in the following research studies and publications.
- 2015 Luber A, Ackerman L., “Pediatric Necrolytic Migratory Erythema as a Presenting Sign of Glucagonoma Syndrome”. Br J Dermatol. 2015 Nov.
- 2015 Luber A, Ackerman L., “Flagellate shiitake mushroom dermatitis”. Dermatol Online J. 2015 Aug 15;21(8)
- 2014 Moussa C, Ackerman, L. “Unilateral Nevoid Telangiectasia”. The Consultant 7/2014
- 2014 Endly D, Ackerman, L. “Disseminated Cutaneous Mycobacterium Avium Complex in a Person with AIDS”. Dermatology Online Journal 5/2014, Vol. 20, No.5
- 2013 Guzman-Limon M, Ackerman L. An Unexpected Case of a Painfully Denuded Adult Male. ACP Poster for Case Presentations. Phoenix, Arizona 12/13.
- 2013 Falsey R, Ackerman L. Eruptive, hard cutaneous nodules in 61 year-old female. JAMA Dermatology 8/13
- 2010 “Basics can treat many cases of eczema.” Ackerman L., Ask The Experts, The Arizona Republic Feb. 2010.
- 2010 Dermatology, The Arizona Peace Officer Standards Training Manual. Ackerman L.
- 2009 “Skiers should not forget sunscreeen.” Ackerman L. Ask The Experts, The Arizona Republic Dec. 2009.
- 2009 Cotterman C, Eckert L., Ackerman L. “Syphilis mimicking tinea imbricata and erythema annulare centrifugum in an immunocompromised patient”; JAAD, July 2009.
- 2008 Anna L. Cole, Kathryn G. Kerisit, Will Black, Lindsay S. Ackerman, Joseph Shrum. “Flaccid bullae in a male undergoing chemotherapy”; JAAD, Dec. 2008.
- 2008 Ackerman L, et al. “Cosmeceuticals” in Hirsch R, et al. Aesthetic Rejuvenation, A Regional Approach : McGraw-Hill, Oct. 2008.
- 2008 Ackerman L., et al. Biologic Therapy in the Management of Psoriasis: A Perspective for Managed Markets. First Report. Medical Education Collaborative and Princeton CME, Jan. 2008.
- 2007 Ackerman L. The 2007 Annual Meeting of the American Medical Association, Residents and Fellows. Directions in Residency: American Academy of Dermatology, Fall 2007.
- 2006 Ackerman L. Sex Hormones And The Genesis of Autoimmunity. Archives of Dermatology, vol. 142(3), March 2006.
- 2006 Ackerman L. In Search of Resilience. Women’s Dermatologic Society Newsletter, vol. 10(3), Oct. 2006.
- 2002 Ackerman L. “Necrotizing Fasciitis” in Levine, et al.; Emergency Room Dermatology, Current Problems in Dermatology. Mosby pub., vol. 14(6), Nov/Dec 2002.
Research: Dr. Lindsay Ackerman
- 2011 – 2013 AClinical Protocol CN 156018: A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Effects of BMS-708163 in the Treatment of Patients with Prodromal Alzheimer’s Disease. [Not a Principal Investigator]
- 2011-2012 Principal Investigator. Janssen NOCOMPOUNDSO4001 A Multicenter, Observational, Non-interventional Narrative Study to Evaluate Patient-Reported Experiences of Living with Moderate-to-Severe Psoriasis
- 2011- current NSF-101: A Prospective Study Evaluating the Incidence of Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis in Patients with Stages 4 to 5 Chronic Kidney Disease without Exposure to Gadolinium Based Contrast Agents within the Past 10 Years [Not a Prinicipal Investigator]
- 2011-2013 205MS301: Multicenter, Double-blind, Randomized, Parallel-group, Monotherapy, Active-control Study to Determine the Efficacy and Safety of Daclizumab high Yield Process (DAC HYP) versus Avonex (Interferon Beta-1a) in Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis [Not a Principal Investigator]
- 2000 Atypical Mycobacterial Cutaneous Infections. Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Department of Dermatology; Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 1997-1999 The Molecular Epidemiology of Melanoma Susceptibility. Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Dermatology, Pigmented Lesion Group, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Publications: Dr. Margaret Kessler
Dr. Margaret Kessler has participated in the following research studies and publications.
- 2015 Smith JA, Kessler, M, and Culpepper K. Multiple Firm Yellow Papules Involving Bilateral Helical Rims: Tophi as the Initial Clinical Presentation of Hyperuricemia. Cutis. Accepted for publication.
- 2011 Lee K, Culpepper K, Kessler, M. Levamisole-induced thrombosis: literature review and pertinent laboratory findings. J AM Acad Dermatol. 2011 Oct;65(4):e128-9.
- 2010 Ferenczi K, Ohtola J, Aubert P, Kessler M, Sugiyama H, Somani AK, Gilliam AC, Chen JZ, Yeh I, Matsuyama S, McCormick TS, Cooper KD. “Malignant T cells in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma lesions contain decreased levels of the antiapoptotic protein Ku70”; Br J Dermatol, April 2010.
- 2009 Ferenczi K, Ohtola J, Aubert P, Kessler M, Sugiyama H, Matsuyama S, McCormick T, Cooper KD. “Decreased T cell expression of the anti-apoptotic protein Ku70 in CTCL skin lesions”; The Society for Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, 2009, Montreal, Canada.
- 2008 Ferenczi K, Ohtola J, Somani AK, Kessler MA, Young A, Sugiyama H, Matsuyama S, Gilliam AC, McCormick TS, Cooper KD. “Increased Cell Surface Ku70/Ku80 Expression on T Cells Following Apoptosis or Activation Inducing Signals”; The International Investigative Dermatology Meeting, May 2008, Kyoto, Japan.
- 2008 Kessler MA, Torres-Bonilla G, Winfield H. “Inoculation of Mycobacteria into a Tattoo”; Cleveland Dermatology Society Meeting, Sept. 2008.
- 2007 Kessler MA, Tamborro J. “X-linked Ichthyosis in 3 Brothers”; Cleveland Dermatologic Society Meeting, Nov. 2007.
- 2007 Nedorost S, Kessler MA, McCormick T. “Allergens Retained in Clothing”; Dermatitis, 2007; 18:212-4.
- 2007 Kessler MA, Cooper KD, Kaur H, Gilliam AC. “A Case of Erythematous Supravenous Drug Eruption: One End of the Serpentine Spectrum”; The American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, Oct. 2007, Baltimore, MD.
- 2006 Nedorost S, Kessler MA. “Paraphenylenediamine: Contact Allergen of the Year 2006”; Cleveland Dermatolgic Society Meeting, Sept. 2006.
- 2006 Evers M, Kessler MA, Tamburro J. “Kasabach Merrit Phenomenon”; Cleveland Dermatolgic Society Meeting, Sept. 2006.
Research: Dr. Margaret Kessler
- 2013-present Subinvestigator for Abbott Psoriasis ESPRIT Registry (P10-023)
- 2011-2013 Clinical Protocol CN 156018 A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study of the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Effects of MHS-708163 in the Treatment of Patients with Prodromal Alzheimer’s Disease. [Not a principal investigator]
- 2011-2013 205MS301: Multicenter, Double-blind, Randomized, Paralel-group, Monotherapy, Active-control Study to Determine the Efficacy and Safety of Daclizumab high Yield Process (DAC HYP) versus Avonex (Interferon Beta-1a) in Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis [Not a Principle Investigator]
- 2007-2008 Brightfield and confocal microscopy of the anti-apoptotic factor Ku 70 in normal skin and cutaneous T cell lymphoma. Case Western Reserve University, Dermatology Residency Program; Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1998-1999 Clinical Research Assistant. Mercy Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Gregory Rutecki MD, and Frederick Whittier MD, Canton, Ohio.
Publications: Dr. Chao Li
Dr. Chao Li has participated in the following research studies and publications.
- Wu W, Li C, Hata T, Lee RA. The use of Sirolimus to treat Kaposi’s Sarcoma in a HIVnegative Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient on Disease-Modifying Drug Therapies. Int J Dermatol. 2015; 54(10):1188-90.
- Two, A. and Li C. Onychomycosis. In: Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, 8th edition: Arndt K, Hsu J, Alam M, Bhatia AC, Chilukuri S, editors. Philadelphia (PA): Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2014.
- Li C. Common Disorders of the Nail Apparatus. In: Primary Care Dermatology. Schalock P, Hsu J, Arndt K, editors. Philadelphia (PA): Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2010.
- Holden PK, Li C, Da Costa V, Sun C, Bryant SV, Gardiner DM, Wong BJ. The Effects of Laser Irradiation of Cartilage on Chondrocyte Expression and the Collagen Matrix. Laser Surg Med. 2009; 41(7):487-491.
- Li C, Protsenko D, Zemek A, Chae YS, Wong BJ. Analysis of Nd:YAG laser-mediated thermal damage in rabbit nasal septal cartilage. Lasers Surg Med. 2007; 39(5):451-457.
- Karam AM, Protsenko DE, Li C, Wright R, Liaw LH, Milner TE, Wong BJ. Long-term viability and mechanical behavior following laser cartilage reshaping. Arch Facial Plast Surg 2006; 8(2):105-116.
Publications: Dr. Lara Rosenbaum
Dr. Lara Rosenbaum has participated in the following research studies and publications.
- Vieira BL, Rosenbaum LE and Bhatia A. “Chapter 10: Mohs micrographic surgery.” Tips and Tricks in Procedural Dermatology: Efficient and Effective Approaches to Achieving Optimal Diagnostic and Therapeutic Results; editor-in-chief Brodell RT; editors Helms SE, Schulmeier J, Cosulich M, Bhatia A, Abromovits A, and Jackson J.
- Hsu D, Rosenbaum LE and Bhatia A. “Chapter 11: Elliptical Excisions.” Tips and Tricks in Procedural Dermatology: Efficient and Effective Approaches to Achieving Optimal Diagnostic and Therapeutic Results; editor-in-chief Brodell RT; editors Helms SE, Schulmeier J, Cosulich M, Bhatia A, Abromovits A, and Jackson J.
- Ross NA, Rosenbaum LE, Saedi N, Arndt KA, and Dover JS. Disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosis improved with fractional 1927-nm laser treatments. J Cosmet Laser Ther, 1-3, 2016.
- Damsky W, Curley DP, Santhankrishnan M, Rosenbaum LE, Platt J, Gould Rothberg BE, Taketo MM, Dankort D, Rimm DL, McMahon M, and Bosenberg M. Beta-catenin signaling controls metastasis in Braf-activated Pten deficient melanomas. Cancer cell, 20(6):741-754, 2011.
- Damsky WE, Rosenbaum LE, and Bosenberg M. Decoding melanoma metastasis. Cancers, 3(1):126-163, 2010. (http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6694/3/1/126/)
Research: Dr. Lara Rosenbaum
- 2010-2011, Bosenberg Lab, Yale University School of Medicine Department of Dermatology: Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Medical Research Training Fellowship; Examined the effect of E-cadherin loss on melanoma formation, progression, and metastasis as well as markers of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in a novel conditional mouse melanoma model
- 2008, Tigelaar Lab, Yale University School of Medicine Department of Dermatology: Evaluated gene expression and cytokine production of dendritic epidermal T cells (DETC) when stimulated via their T cell receptor (TCR), via their NKG2D receptor or via both receptors