Dr. Lindsay Ackerman is a board-certified dermatologist that practices with the objective of treating each patient as an individual with unique needs. As one of the owners of Medical Dermatology Specialists, it is her goal to provide compassionate and effective care in an environment that encourages each patients’ understanding of their disease and its management. Dr. Ackerman welcomes a diverse group of patients with general dermatology needs or conditions that require subspecialty expertise.
Dr. Ackerman founded Medical Dermatology Specialists in Fall 2008. Dr. Ackerman received her Doctorate of Medicine from the University Of Arizona College Of Medicine in Tucson, Arizona. She completed her dermatology training at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, and followed this training with the completion of an advanced fellowship in immunodermatology and clinical education. During her fellowship, Dr. Ackerman also worked as a Clinical Instructor in the Tulane Department of Dermatology. Currently, Dr. Ackerman participates in the training of primary-care resident physicians in the Phoenix area.
In addition to Dr. Ackerman’s dedication to the daily practice of dermatology, she is committed to the future of the specialty. Dr. Ackerman has spoken on various topics locally, nationally, and internationally, and she has had the privilege of serving in the following national leadership positions;
- Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine for the University of Arizona
- Dermatology Foundation Leader’s Society State Chair
- American Academy of Dermatology Delegate to the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Young Physician Section, and Delegate to the AMA’s Resident and Fellows Section
- American Academy of Dermatology Telemedicine Task Force
- Women’s Dermatologic Society Resident Representative
- American Academy of Dermatology Resident and Fellows Committee
Dr. Ackerman has been the recipient of many honors from Tulane University, the American Academy of Dermatology, American Medical Association, the Women’s Dermatologic Society, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, the University of Arizona and the University of Pennsylvania.
- Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix in Arizona
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona
Leadership & Community Service
- American Academy of Dermatology Young Physician Delegate to the American Medical Association. Dr. Ackerman is one of two national representatives for the American Academy of Dermatology. She is poised with the role of representing dermatologists under the age of 40 to the largest physician organization in the United States. Prior to her role as Young Physician Delegate, Dr. Ackerman served in the role of Resident and Fellow Delegate. For more information on these organizations, please visit www.ama-assn.org and www.aad.org.
- Dermatology Foundation, Dr. Ackerman is the Leaders Society State Chair for Arizona. For more information on the Dermatology Foundation, please visit www.dermatologyfoundation.org.
- American Academy of Dermatology Task Force on Self-Assessment
- American Academy of Dermatology Task Force on Telemedicine
- American Academy of Dermatology Leadership Forum Recipient and Attendee
- Dr. Ackerman is an instructor at the Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, Department of Internal Medicine. She teaches dermatology to physicians in medical residency.